Saturday, December 28, 2013

Can you tell I am on a smoothie kick?

So lately I have been really trying to increase my consumption of nutrient dense foods and even though many paleo people would probably gasp at the amount of fruit I am now allowing in my diet, I have a new feeling on fruit.  I feel that yes, fruit has a lot of sugar, but fruit also contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals.  It seems pretty nutrient dense to me! I found it helps me feel much less abnormal and allergic/intolerant when I enjoy it and so far...I feel pretty good when consuming most fruits (apple skins make me sick).  This has been extremely helpful as this past week as I have had to cut out eggs to see if they are the cause of my remaining digestion issues.  Anyone else intolerant or allergic to eggs?  How did the sensitivity manifest itself?

Since the reintroduction of fruit, I have been trying to balance the sugar content with some fats every time I eat fruit.  I think it helps with blood sugar management in addition to other things. The recipe below is what I had this morning with grapefruit on the side.


source
Chococado Smoothie

  • 1 whole Avocado (make sure it is ripe)
  • 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 2 cups ice 
  • Stevia (I used Nunaturals Quick Deissolve tabs...see review)
  • 3T cocoa powder
Blend ice until it looks like a plain snow cone.  Scoop out all that healthy fat from the Avocado, pour in the Almond Milk, Stevia, and cocoa powder (great antioxidants!).  Blend till very smooth and creamy.  I love how it tastes like pudding, while being so much healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Honest Company Cleaning Products

Gaiam

Organic Bedding up to 40% OFF At Gaiam.com! Click Here!

Equal Exchange

Equal Exchange, Inc