Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Few of my Favorite Things-3

Thanksgiving: Time Remember CDI love this CD...specifically the Hymns CD that comes with it.  Every year around this time I love to play these beautiful Hymns while working in the house.  I feel like each one helps prepare my heart for Thanksgiving as Christmas songs do at Christmas.  I am reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness through this CD and am so thankful that FamilyLife created such a wonderful resource. 
Have you ever heard the real story of the Pilgrims?  Even if you are sure you know it by heart, I highly recommend picking up this amazing CD from FamilyLife.
I remember the first couple times Mom played it for me/the family and how enthralled I was with it.  The cast is amazing and there is just something about listening to a story...getting to see the images in your mind, that makes it so special.
Besides the fact that this CD is so masterfully done, the other thing that makes it dear to my heart, is just the fact that it is a tradition to play it around Thanksgiving.  I am not sure why, but this year especially I was struck by all the memories and warm feelings it brought back with it.
I hope it lasts many years so that I can share it with my children.

Thanks FamilyLife!   http://shop.familylife.com/p-1335-thanksgiving-time-remember-cd.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Honest Company Cleaning Products

Gaiam

Organic Bedding up to 40% OFF At Gaiam.com! Click Here!

Equal Exchange

Equal Exchange, Inc