Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quest Protein Bar

                                       LOW-CARB LOVELINESS!

               http://www.questproteinbar.com/
Quest Nutrition has done some pretty amazing work in creating products that are gluten-free, grain-free, and low-carbohydrate.  Their products can be super helpful when doing a Ketogenic diet (as I am), but are also great for anyone to enjoy as a snack filled with protein, healthy fats, and with little to no sugar!

I have to say that I was super excited to receive these great products from Quest Nutrition.  I have been hearing about them for quite a while now and was really curious to see how they would line up against other protein bars we have sampled.

Dad wrote me the other day saying that he thought the Vanilla Almond Crunch"it may be the best tasting protein bar I have had."  He did also mention that the flavor wasn't to pronounced, but for many people, not having an overpowering flavor is a desirable thing.


My younger brother says his favorite is probably the Lemon Cream Pie.  I was surprised that he actually keep trying the bars after initially thinking they were not sweet.  It is true that Quest uses different blends of sweeteners (Stevia, Erythritol, Sucrolose and Lo Han Guo ) instead of sugar, which keeps the carbohydrates lower while retaining a sweet flavor.  I really like that they are able to maintain good flavor while keeping the sugar out!
Lemon Cream Pie Nutritional Information

Amazingly, they also offer a new line of products called Quest Cravings. Both my brothers tried the Peanut Butter Cups we were sent and M said they were good.  They have a total of 4g of effective carbs and a total of 20g of protein! 

Other ingredients include healthy nuts such as almonds, pecans, and cashews.  They also use Whey Protein that is high quality and slow digesting, helping you feel fuller for longer.

Here are some of the other great flavors they have:
Double Chocolate Chunk
White Chocolate Raspberry
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Chocolate Brownie
Vanilla Almond Crunch
Peanut Butter Supreme
Apple Pie
Mixed Berry Bliss
PB&J
Banana Nut Muffin
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Cinnamon Roll
Coconut Cashew
Strawberry Cheesecake
Lemon Cream Pie
http://lghttp.24811.nexcesscdn.net/80B00B/qpb/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/250x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/bars_300-v2_2.jpg

In addition to the Protein Bars and Quest Cravings, I got to try their two types of Pasta.  My favorite was the Spinach Fettuccine, but I also liked the Spaghetti.  It was so nice to have something different with my chicken for dinner and it was great to know that I wouldn't be getting kicked out of Ketosis by eating it.  Much like the Miracle Noodles I reviewed, this brand of Shirataki Noodles also held together nicely during cooking.
 It is really hard to say which is my favorite brand since they use the same ingredients, but I can tell you that  I really liked the Spinach Fettuccine by Quest Protein Bars.
 
All images and information about specific ingredients is from www.questproteinbar.com.  Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!..
    bedding towels

    ReplyDelete

The Honest Company Cleaning Products

Gaiam

Organic Bedding up to 40% OFF At Gaiam.com! Click Here!

Equal Exchange

Equal Exchange, Inc