Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Fun!


I may now be an adult in every definition of the word, but I confess that I have not yet lost my kid-like tendency to love holidays.  Here are a few things I love about Thanksgiving:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • family being together...no matter how many can make it...even just a few is nice.
  • preparing with my family and specifically helping mom.
  • decorating/making things look like they are actually in an orderly form instead of tornadoed [I know it just happens, esp. with kids in the house still (me included), but I still love a organized and clean house].
  • rekindling the art of cooking: always loved helping Mom with that big ole' Turkey.  Call me gross, but I love deboning a chicken (or turkey this time), but since we want it to look nice and not managed (oops...sorry Mom!) I shall wait till after the meal to do my "science experiment".  Yea, I am just a bit geeky.
  • Candles: only the kind that smell nice.  I like Sparkly Cinnamon the best.  I just won't be lighting the kind that makes my poor nosy never want to suck oxygen again! Beware if you are going candle shopping.
  • Time with family: did I already say that...oh yea, but I think I can say it twice. : )
  • Games with friends!  I love having different people over for Thanksgiving almost as much as I love having the family together.  Some of our favorite games include Balderdash, Apples to Apples, Scrabble, and one more I just can't seem to remember.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Honest Company Cleaning Products

Gaiam

Organic Bedding up to 40% OFF At Gaiam.com! Click Here!

Equal Exchange

Equal Exchange, Inc